SNNU 2023-2024 CSC High-level Graduate Scholarship Program
Ⅱ. Supporting Categories and Duration of the Scholarship
Master: 2 years or 3 years
Ph.D: 4 years
Students can apply for one year prior course of Chinese language ( Chinese-taught program applicable only)
1. Tuition and Registration
3. Living stipend
- Master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month
- Doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month
4. Medical insurance
1. Chinese-taught program：Please refer to the attachment for details.
2. English-taught programs:
- Ph.D: Education, Chemistry, Computer Software and Technology, Materials Science
- Master: Chinese Philosophy, Historical and Cultural Heritage Protection and Engineering, A Study on the Sinicization of Marxism (China’s Development and National Governance).
Ⅴ. Required Qualifications
1. Citizens of a country other than the People's Republic of China, be in good health both mentally and physically.
2. Age and education
- Bachelor's degree holders under the age of 35 for master's programs;
- Master's degree holders under the age of 40 for doctoral programs.
- Chinese-taught Programs: HSK4 ;
- English-taught Programs: IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 60, or other corresponding level of English proficiency certificate.
4. Applicants with awards and achievements in scientific researches are favorable.
Ⅵ. Scholarship Application Procedure
1. Online Application
Applicants shall log on Shaanxi Normal University Online Application System for International Students before December 20, 2022 (https://snnu.17gz.org/)(overdue application will not be accepted), fill in the application information online and upload the following application materials:
- A copy of Passport Home Page. If the validity of the applicant's current passport does not meet the requirement (meaning the passport expires before September 2023), please apply for a new passport before submitting the application;
- A notarized highest diploma. Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
- Academic transcripts (from the undergraduate program onwards). Copies of academic records from first to last semester during the undergraduate, graduate (if any), and doctoral programs (if any) shall be provided. These transcripts shall be issued and sealed by the attending university's academic affairs office, graduate school, or student management department.
- Language qualification certificates. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must submit valid HSK reports（HSK4 or above）. Applicants for English-taught programs should provide English language proficiency certificates like IELTS or TOFEL report;
- A study plan proposal. A study plan written in Chinese or English shall contain more than 1000 characters or words;
- Recommendation letters. Two letters of recommendation (written only in Chinese or English) from professors or associate professors shall be submitted. These letters shall describe the applicant's objectives of learning in China, comprehensive abilities, and evaluation of future growth, as well as the cooperation between the supervisors or the exchange between universities both in China and abroad;
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China;
- A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English(the original copy shall be kept by the applicant). The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take a physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
- Published scientific research papers or patents, awards and other supporting materials that can reflect applicant's scientific research ability and comprehensive quality.
The above materials should be in Chinese or English,and must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations if they are in foreign languages other than Chinese or English.
The university will review application materials, organize interviews and comprehensive assessment for applicants, then announce the shortlisted candidates and issue the pre-admission letter. The arrangement of interview will be announced later.
3. Application on CSCInformation System
With the pre-admission letter, the shortlisted candidates should complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students(http://www.campuschina.org/).
The agency number of Shaanxi Normal University is 10718, and students should choose type B.
4.Accredited by China Scholarship Council
The CSC expert committee will assess all the applicants materials and the final admission list will be determined by CSC.
Shaanxi Normal University does not authorize any individual or institution to enroll in scholarship programs. All applications should be submitted through the only official website.
CSC students are not allowed to be enrolled in other scholarships (excluding any one-time incentive award) set up by the Chinese government at all levels or universities themselves. Once revealed, the Chinese Government scholarship will be canceled and the received stipend will be returned. Those who deliberately conceal such situation will not be allowed to apply for Chinese government scholarships within three years, except for the cancellation of their qualifications.
Ⅷ. Contact Information
Contact Person: Mr. Huang
Postal Address : International Office, Shaanxi Normal University，620 West Chang'an Ave, Chang'an district, Xi'an, Shaanxi province