2023 2024 General Regulations of Enrollment GUANGXI MINZU University Chinese Government Scholarship High-level Graduate Program
In order to strengthen mutual understanding and friendship between the Chinese and people around the world and promote China’s exchange and cooperation with other countries in various fields, the Chinese government sets up scholarships for talented students and scholars to pursue higher education or conduct research in Chinese universities.
The China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as “CSC”), entrusted by China’s Ministry of Education, is responsible for the admission, enrollment and administration of Chinese Government Scholarship recipients.
Guangxi Minzu University is recruiting full-time graduate students under the Chinese Government Scholarship “High-level Graduate Program” in the 2023-2024 academic year, approved by China’s Ministry of Education.
Enrollment Categories & Major
Full-time graduate students (master and doctoral students).
Please refer to Attachment 1 for details of the catalog of majors for master and doctoral programs taught in Chinese and English.
The length of basic academic study for master students is 3 years, and the corresponding maximum study period is 4 years.
The length of basic academic study for doctoral students is 4 years, and the maximum study period is 6 years.
Full Scholarship covers tuition fee, accommodation fee, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
1. be a citizen of a country other than the PRC and in good health both mentally and physically;
2. be an academically excellent holder of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent under the age of 35 when applying for a Master’s program;
3. be an academically excellent holder of a Master’s degree or its equivalent under the age of 40 when applying for a doctoral program;
4. have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 4 when applying for Chinese-taught master’s or doctoral programs;
5. meet the admission requirements of Guangxi Minzu University in terms of academic ability, language proficiency and other relevant criteria.
1. An applicant shall fill in and submit the Application Form for
2. Chinese Government Scholarship online via the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System;
(Notes: Please select Program Category “Type B”. The institution code of Guangxi Minzu University is 10608)
2. Copy of Passport Home Page. If the validity of the applicant’s current passport does not meet the requirement (meaning the passport expires before September 2023), please apply for a new passport before submitting the application;
3. Notarized highest diploma. Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
4. Academic transcripts (from the undergraduate program onwards). Copies of academic records from first to last semester during the undergraduate, graduate (if any), and doctoral programs (if any) shall be provided. These transcripts shall be issued and sealed by the attending university’s academic affairs office, graduate school, or student management department. They can be in Chinese or English, but must be attached with notarized English translations if they are in foreign languages other than English;
5. Language qualification certificates. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must submit valid HSK reports. Applicants for English-taught programs shall provide relevant language proficiency certificates, like IELTS or TOFEL report;
6. Pre-admission documents. Pre-admission documents issued by Guangxi Minzu University, including an official admission letter, a pre-admission letter, or an invitation letter from a prospective supervisor recognized by the department of international students admission at Guangxi Minzu University. The pre-admission letter or official invitation letter shall be printed on the special-purpose letter of Guangxi Minzu Universitys and issued and sealed by the university’s international students admission office;
7. A study plan proposal. A study plan written in Chinese or English shall contain more than 1,000 characters or words; the proposal of a doctoral student shall be signed by the applicant’s Chinese supervisor;
8. Recommendation letters. Two letters of recommendation (written only in Chinese or English) from professors or associate professors shall be submitted. These letters shall describe the applicant’s objectives of learning in China, comprehensive abilities, and evaluation of future growth, as well as the cooperation between the supervisors or the exchange between universities both in China and abroad;
9. Example of art. To apply for majors related to art or design, applicants could submit their own works through“Example of Art/Other Supporting Documents” in the system. Applicants could also provide such materials to us directly in other ways;
10. Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China;
11. A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy shall be kept by the applicant). The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take a physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
12. Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
Reminder: Uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use a professional device to scan the relevant documents. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials.
Admission Process and Enrollment
Step 1: An applicant shall submit the applications online at the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System
Prior to December 31, 2022, an applicant shall fill in the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship online and submit all the applications via the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login; (see Attachment 2 for details)
Online application is adopted in this year’s enrollment. Applicants should ensure that the documents submitted online are consistent with the original documents. Applicants with complete application materials will be given priority in the next stage of review.
Step 2: The College of International Education of Guangxi Minzu University carries out preliminary review
Prior to January 8, 2023, the College of International Education will review the qualifications of the applicants according to enrollment requirements, focusing on academic background, language proficiency, identity and qualifications, health status, etc., and consult the teaching and training institutes for further review.
Step 3: The teaching and training institutes of Guangxi Minzu University conduct further review, The College of International Education organizes the interview or written test.
Prior to February 26, 2023, the teaching and training institutes will organize experts to review the applicants’ academic performance, scientific research ability, language proficiency, academic background, comprehensive quality and development potential, and the College of International Education conduct interview or written test on the basis of applicants’ merit.
Step 4: Applicants submit their pre-admission notification online at the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System
Prior to February 28, 2023, the University will notify the applicants of the pre-admission result and provide pre-admission notification via email or International Student Service System, and applicants should submit their pre-admission notification in the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System .
Step 5: The University recommends candidates to China Scholarship Council
On March 1, 2023, the University submits the recommendation list to China Scholarship Council.
Step 6: China Scholarship Council organizes review by experts
China Scholarship Council will organize experts in relevant disciplines to make final review of the applicants’ academic performance, comprehensive quality and development potential, and selects the best candidates.The scholarship applicants who are not enrolled will be given priority if they are willing to apply for our self-financed programs.
Step 7: The College notifies students of the enrollment results
The College of International Education of Guangxi Minzu University notifies students of their enrollment results.
1. Students granted with Chinese Government Scholarship are disqualified for receiving other scholarships (excluding all kinds of one-off awards) provided by Chinese governments at all levels and universities at the same time. Upon discovery of malpractice, the eligibility for Chinese Government Scholarship will be canceled, and the Chinese Government Scholarship already received must be returned. For those who deliberately conceal their financial support, in addition to disqualification of the scholarship, they will not be allowed to apply for Chinese Government Scholarship within three years.
2. Applicants who have already applied for other universities in the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System shall not apply for Guangxi Minzu University at the same time.
3. Those who do not obtain the corresponding graduation or completion certificate on time or fail the physical examination will be disqualified from scholarship.
4. Once enrolled, scholarship recipients are not allowed to change their major, study period or language of instruction.
5. Enrolled students must complete the registration procedures in strict accordance with the schedule specified by the University, and scholarship qualifications will not be retained if they do not register on time as required.
6. Students granted with Chinese Government Scholarship must participate in the annual evaluation after they enter the University, and the evaluation result will be used to confirm whether the scholarship will be provided, suspended or canceled in the next academic year.
Address: College of International Education, Guangxi Minzu University, 188 East Daxue Road, Nanning, Guangxi, P.R.China
Postal code: 530006
1. Catalog of Academic Programs
2. Instructions for Chinese Government Scholarship Information System (CGSIS)
3. Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- 附件【附件1 Attachment 1： Catalog of Academic Programs.xls】
- 附件【附件2 Attachment 2：Instructions for Chinese Government Scholarship Information System (CGSIS).pdf】
- 附件【附件3 Attachment 3：Foreigner Physical Examination Form.doc】