Application of Northeast Agricultural University
Northeast Agricultural University (hereinafter referred to as NEAU), located in the city of Harbin, is a key-level university of Heilongjiang province and is listed in the national “211 Project” as the First-class discipline construction university in China. Northeast Agricultural University includes 16 colleges and 1 teaching department. There are 10 post-doctoral research stations. 2 post-doctoral workstations, 10 first-level Ph.D. disciplines, 22 first-level master disciplines, 2 Ph.D. professional degrees, 15 master professional degrees, and 75 undergraduate majors, covering the disciplines of Agronomy, Engineering, Science, Economies, Management, Literature, and so on.
Conditions for applying to Northeast Agricultural University:
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens.
2. Applicants should be in healthy physical condition.
3. Applicants should be living abroad or graduates of universities in China
4. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for bachelor°s degree studies must have a high school diploma.
- Applicants for master's degree studies must have a bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master's degree and be under the age of 40.
5. Excellent achievement in the area of study.
6. Comparative good ability in research. Scholarship Applicants shall not receive any other scholarship.
Application Materials of Northeast Agricultural University:
Applicants must fill in and provide the folloving materials truly and correetly (in duplicate).
1. Application Form for International Students to Study at Northeast Agricultural University, the original document, and a copy, or in Chinese or in English. The applicants shall download the Application Form online through http://gjxy.neau.edu.cn and leave the signature in the required blank.
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are school students, they shall provide the pre-graduation certificate. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be included with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Applicants for undergraduate studies are required to provide high school transcripts. Applicants for graduate studies are required to provide undergraduate transcripts. Applicants for doctoral studies need to provide undergraduate transcripts and graduate transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be included with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. A study or research plan in Chinese or in English, which shall be no less than 800 words. (Master and Ph.D. only)
5. Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors. (Master and Ph.D. only)
6. A copy of the passport
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form filled in English. The medical examination results are valid for 6 months, All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take this medical examination.
8. Six 2-inch ID photos with white backgrounds.
9. A copy of the HSK certificate (not compulsory).
10. Published academic papers and academic achievements (not compulsory).
11. Acceptance letter from a supervisor (not compulsory).
12. No criminal certificate.
Scholarship applicants shall also fill and submit Application Fonn for the Chinese Government Scholarship (printed by CSC), the original document, and a copy. filled in Chinese or in English. The applicants shall download the Application Form online through http://yww.cse.edu.cn, studyinchina.csc.edu.cn, or www.campuschina.org and leave the signature in the required blank.
The application materials will not be sent back whether the applicant is accepted or not.
of Northeast Agricultural University:
The above materials should be sent directly to the International Cultural and Educational College of Northeast Agricultural University before March 1st of the year when applicants plan to enroll.
Scholarship applicants shall also apply online. For the detail information please refer to Chinese Government Scholarship instruction.
There is no application fee.
Categories of Applicants and Teaching Language
Categories Applicants and Teaching Language of Northeast Agricultural University:
For the Chinese taught majors, students whose HSK don`t meet the requirement need to take Chinese language courses for one year before they begin their major study.
The doctoral major of Horticulture could be taught in Chinese or English, while others are all taught in Chinese. For English-taught applicants whose native language or lingua franca is not English, they should submit an English proficiency score, a score of at least 80 on the TOEFL Internet-based exam or 5.5 on the IELTS
Fees of Northeast Agricultural University:
The tuition and accommodation fees are as follow:
- Resident Permit: 400-1200 CNY (changing with the study duration)
- Insurance: 800 CNY/year
- Living Expenses: 1200 CNY/month (depends on your budget)
Chinese Government Scholarship
Application Procedure and Date
The application hard materials should be sent directly to the International Cultural and Educational College of Northeast Agricultural University before March 1st of the year when applicants plan to enroll.
Notes: Northeast Agricultural University Category B application only receives master's and doctoral degree applications. For other study applications or application methods, please consult the local embassy or consulate.
1. Exempt om registration fee, tuition fee, and fee for accommodation on campus
2. Fee for Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China.
3. Monthly living allowance is paid to the students according to the standards and regulations of CSC. The duration of the Scholarship will be lengthened by one additional year for the students who need to learn Chinese.
4. Northeast Agricultural University provides free accommodation for Chinese Government Scholarship students. The doctoral student or master student will live in a single room.
1. Costs of the laboratory experiments or internship which go beyond the university management will be the responsibility of the student.
2. Scholarship students shall get their monthly living allowance from the date of registration. Chinese Government Scholarship students who enjoy a monthly living allowance should register at International Students Office within a month's notice. to ensure they will receive their living allowance.
3. The new students who register before the 15th (15th intended) of the registration month will enjoy the whole amount of living allowance of that month; those who register after the 15th will get half a month, Graduates will get the living allowance till 15 days after the graduation date set by Northeast Agricultural University. The scholarship will be terminated the month after students suspend their studies, quit, or graduate from Northeast Agricultural University.
4. Scholarship students who have to suspend their education due to 1lIness should return to their home country for further treatment and rest. The international travel expenses of returning and coming back should be paid by the recipient. The students, who are allowed by the school authority to suspend their education, can retain their scholarship. The scholarship status will be reserved for one year at the most; however, the monthly living allowance will be stopped during the suspension of education. The scholarship for students who suspend their education for reasons other than illness will be terminated.
5. Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plans for International Students in China are provided by MOE for the scholarship students in China in case of hospitalization for serious diseases and accidental injuries.
6. The scholarship is mainly supporting the student him/herself. if the student considers bringing his/her family members, he/she needs to afford the cost of living for
7. Students are not permitted to transfer to another school after registration.
8. Scholarship applicants accepted by Northeast Agricultural University of higher education will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with endorsement from CSC and submitted to MOEC for the record.
9. Students are not permitted, in principle. to change their specialties, institutions, or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice aÊr registration.
10. Applicants for the Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) for programs taught by Chinese at our university shall pass the HSK4. Those who have obtained a degree from a Chinese university using Chinese as the teaching language are not required to provide HSK proof.
Approval and Notification
1. The International and Educational College of NEAU will review all the application materials and NEAU is authorized to make necessary adjustments to the specialties and duration of the study.
2. If prior Chinese study or other preparatory education is needed, students should pass related examinations during the prior education period; otherwise he/she will not be allowed to start major study.
3. Applicants are encouraged to contact the departments and supervisors before applying and enclose the relevant admission or recommendation letter. (refer to the appendix: Degree Programs for International Students).
4. Applicants accepted by NEAU of higher education will be submitted to MOEC for the record.
5. NEAU will send the 4dinission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JI7201/202) to relevant students or relevant universities by August 1st. so as to have these documents forwarded to the awards.
6. New Chinese Government Scholarship students should register before the deadline. Anyone who is unable to register on tỉme should submit justification and provide proof as well as seek permission from the International Students Office of International Cultural and Educational College. Otherwise, he or she will voluntarily give up the scholarship after two weeks.
Refer to the Degree Programs for International Students.
1. Once any cheating or concealing act is found in the application procedure, the application will be reused immediately and the scholarship qualification will be taken back as well. The cheating action will be reported to the China Scholarship Council and the Chinese Ministry of Education as records.
2. The scholarship-accepted students should take part in the annual review in accordance with the Measures For the Annual Review of Chinese Government Scholarship Status. The details of the Annual Review include performances (including the examination or checkup results of all courses in the first term and the general performances in the second term of this academic year). attitude towards study, attendance, conducts, rewards, and punishments received.
3. According to the relevant regulations, International students who have not actually come to China, in principle, the living stipend will be paid after they come to China to register and pass the scholarship qualification review.
1. Tel: 86-451-55190155
2. Fax: 86-451-55190588
3. E-mail: email@example.com
4. Post Address: International Students Office. 511, International Cultural and Educational College, Northeast Agricultural University, No.600 Changjiang Road. Xiangfang District, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province, P. R, China
5. PostCode: 150030
6. NEAU Homepage: http://studyatneau.neau.edu.cn/