2023 Application Guide for Harbin Normal University International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship
a) Be a non-Chinese citizen;
b) Be friendly to China, have no criminal record, abide by the laws and regulations of China and the rules and regulations of the Host Institution;
c) Be in good physical and mental health, be in good academic and behavioral standing;
d) Be interested in Chinese language education and related work; and
e) Be aged between 16 and 35 years on September 1, 2023. The maximum age limit for in-service Chinese teachers may be extended to 45, but those who apply for a scholarship for a Bachelor’s degree shall be younger than 25 under most circumstances
Scholarship Types and Qualifications
Coverage and Criteria for International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship
- Degree students are subject to the annual assessment according to the Annual Assessment Procedures of the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship.
- Students who fail to pass the pre-enrollment medical examination, withdraw from school before completing the program, fail to register at the university without prior permission, or suspend their studies will be disqualified for the scholarship.
- The Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fees, accommodation fees, living allowance (four-week study students excluded) and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
The monthly allowance for undergraduates, one-year students and one-semester students is 2,500 CNY per person. For Master’s Degree in International Chinese Language Education students, the monthly allowance is 3,000 CNY per person
- Accommodation fees are under the overall planning and utilization of host institutions to provide students with in-campus apartments (usually double rooms).
Students may also live off-campus upon application and getting permission from the host institutions. Students who live off campus are entitled to accommodation allowance of 700 CNY per person/month for other students paid on a monthly or quarterly basis from the host institutions.
- Students are required to complete enrollment procedures for every semester within stipulated period, otherwise their scholarship may be cancelled.
Students who are enrolled before the 15th (or on the 15th) of the month are entitled to the full allowance of that month while those who enroll after the 15th of that month are entitled to half of the amount.
- During the study period, for any student who is absent from China due to personal reasons for more than 15 days (excluding winter and summer holidays), the allowance during absence will be suspended.
- For students who suspend study or drop out of school for personal reasons, or who are given disciplinary punishment by the host institutions, allowance will be terminated on the date of such suspension, dropping out or when the decision of such punishment is announced
The living allowance for the month of graduation will be granted half a month after the date of graduation or
expiration day of the study confirmed by host institutions.
- The comprehensive medical insurance is purchased by the Host Institutions in accordance with applicable regulations on overseas students stipulated by the Ministry of Education of China.
The insurance premium for four-week study program students is 160CNY per person, that for one-semester study program students is RMB 400 CNY per person, and that for students studying more than one year is 800 CNY per person/year.
- Online registration will be available from 1 March, 2023 on the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship application website (http://www.chinese.cn). You may search for Recommending Institutions and Host Institutions at the website (http://www.chinese.cn/page/#/pcpage/project_detail);
- Submit application materials online; and track the application process;
- The successful applicant must confirm with the Host Institutions to go through the procedures of studying in China, print out the scholarship certificate online;
- Register at the Host Institution on the designated date as per the Letter of Admission.
Note: Harbin Normal University has established Confucius Institute with Amur State University of Humanities and Pedagogy in Russia, Daejin University in Korea, Agostinho Neto University in Angola,
and London Confucius Institute for Traditional Chinese Medicine, and Confucius Classroom at Sawang Boriboon Wittaya School in Thailand. Applicants who have questions about application procedures and requirements can contact Harbin Normal University and can take interviews to obtain reference letter.
1． A scanned copy of passport photo page
2． A scanned copy of score reports of the HSK or HSKK tests (within the two-year validity)
3． A reference letter by the head of the recommending institutions
4． A certification of the highest education diploma (or proof of expected graduation) and an official transcript
5． Applicants of the Scholarship for Master’s Degree in International Chinese Language Education are required to provide two reference letters from professors or associate professors. Priority will be given to applicants who may provide a work contract with a teaching institution upon completing their studies in China or a proof to the same effect.
6． In-service Chinese language teachers shall provide proof of employment as well as a reference letter by the employer.
7． Applicants under the age of 18 shall provide certified documents of designation signed by their entrusted legal guardians in China.
8． Applicants will be invited to an interview and provide other documents if applicable.
No. 50 Hexing Road, Nangang District, Harbin, Heilongjiang Province, China
International College Admission Office, Room 504, International Building, Harbin Normal University
Contact: Ms. Yang JIAO
Phone: + 0086-451-88067479/8631501
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com