Table of Contents
The Chinese Government Scholarship Program provides full scholarship to out standing international students to study in Chinese universities.
2023 Ocean University of China Chinese Government Scholarship University Postgraduate Study Program
It is open for application from a selected number of provincial administrative departments of education and Chinese universities. Below is 2023 Ocean University of China Chinese Government Scholarship University Postgraduate Study Program.
Supported Student Categories, Duration and Instruction Language
1.Supported Student Categories
The supported student categories of 2023 Ocean University of China Chinese Government Scholarship University Postgraduate Study Program:
- PhD candidates
The instruction language of 2023 Ocean University of China Chinese Government Scholarship University Postgraduate Study Program most programs are taught in Chinese. Some provide English-taught classes.
1.Tuition is covered
According to regulations, all students supported by the 2023 Ocean University of China Chinese Government Scholarship University Postgraduate Study Program must live on campus. OUC will provide rooms for free, generally twin rooms;
3.Living Stipend is provided
The living stipend of 2023 Ocean University of China Chinese Government Scholarship University Postgraduate Study Program:
- 3,000 RMB/month for master’s candidates and general
- 3,500 RMB/month for PhD candidates and advanced visitingstudents;
4.Comprehensive medical insurance is provided.
Application Agency and Application Timeline
Agency number of OUC: 10423
1. To be eligible, applicants 2023 Ocean University of China Chinese Government Scholarship University Postgraduate Study Program must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China and be in good health both mentally and physically.
2. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants 2023 Ocean University of China Chinese Government Scholarship University Postgraduate Study Program must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs (born before January 1, 1988);
- Applicants 2023 Ocean University of China Chinese Government Scholarship University Postgraduate Study Program must be a master degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs (born before January 1, 1983);
3. Language ability requirements:
- Students applying 2023 Ocean University of China Chinese Government Scholarship University Postgraduate Study Program for Chinese-taught majors: above180 in HSK 4;
- Students from non-English speaking countries applying for English-taught majors should meet one of the following requirements: IELTS≥5.5, TOFEL≥80, or have Certificate of equivalent English proficiency Certificate of your former degree is finished in English-taught courses provided by the university you studied in, or proof that you have studied in English countries above (including) a year;
4. Applicants 2023 Ocean University of China Chinese Government Scholarship University Postgraduate Study Program must meet the admission requirements of the applied universities interms of academic ability, language proficiency and other relevant criteria.
1.Pay the application fee
1)Payment: bank transfer (From now until March 31, 2023);
2)Amount: 400 RMB;
3)Bank transfer information:
|OCEAN UNIVERSITY OF CHINA
|BANK OF CHINA SHANDONG BRANCH QINGDAOSHINAN No.2 SUB-BRANCH
|No.100, HONGKONG MIDDLE ROAD, SHINANDISTRICT, QINGDAO, CHINA
2.Online application: sign in “The information management system of Chinese government scholarship” (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or
http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in). Complete and submit “the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship”;
3.Submit the applying materials: submit the scanned copies of application materials firstname.lastname@example.org in time (before February 20,2023).
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English);
2. Copy of Passport Home Page. If the validity of the applicant’s current passport does not meet the requirement (meaning the passport expires before September 2023), please apply for a new passport before submitting the application;
3. Notarized highest diploma. Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
4. Academic transcripts (from the undergraduate program onwards). Copies of academic records from first to last semester during the undergraduate, graduate (if any), and doctoral programs (if any) shall be provided.
These transcripts shall be issued and sealed by the attending university’s academic affairs office, graduate school, or student management department.
They can be in Chinese or English, but must be attached with notarized English translations if they are in foreign languages other than English;
5. Language qualification certificates. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must submit valid HSK reports in accordance with the corresponding Chinese proficiency requirements.
Applicants for other language-taught programs shall provide relevant language proficiency certificates according to the universities’ requirements, like IELTS or TOFEL report;
6.Pre-admission documents.（Non-Application Stage Required Submissions）
(1) Pre-admission documents issued by the Chinese university of preference, includingan official admission letter, a pre-admission letter, or an invitation letter fromaprospective supervisor recognized by the department of international students admission at Chinese universities.
The pre-admission letter or official invitation letter shall be printed on the special-purpose letter of the desired Chinese universityandissued and sealed by the university’s international students admission office;
(2) The enrollment letter or invitation letter shall contain the following information(inChinese or English):
a. Applicant information: full name, nationality, date of birth, name of the universitylast attended, and others;
b. Academic status in China: graduate student or doctoral student;
c. Projected time of staying in China. The study timeline shall be made clear, andthetime of enrollment shall be no earlier than September 2023;
d. Information of the applicant’s Chinese supervisor (if any);
e. Descriptions of the applicant’s studies or research in China;
f. Language taught in courses (Chinese or English);
g. The supervisor-issued invitation letter shall be sealed by the department of
international students admission and accompanied by the signature and contact
information of the head of the department
7. A study plan proposal. A study plan written in Chinese or English shall contain more than 1,000 characters or words; the study plan proposal must include the search plan and research direction, etc.
8. Recommendation letters. Two letters of recommendation (written only in Chinese or English) from professors or associate professors shall be submitted.
These letters shall describe the applicant’s objectives of learning in China, comprehensive abilities, and evaluation of future growth, as well as the cooperation between the supervisors or the exchange between universities both in China and abroad;
9. Example of art. To apply for majors related to art or design, applicants could submit their own works through “Example of Art/Other Supporting Documents” in the system. Applicants could also provide such materials to the applied universities directly in other ways;
10. Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China;
11. A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English(the original copy shall be kept by the applicant).
The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority, and it can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org.
The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
Please select the appropriate time to take a physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
12. A copy of valid HSK Certificate (if available);
13. Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
If the applicant is in school or at work, can submit a certificate issued by the school or work unit for performance appraisal. Certificates in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
1.No application documents will be returned;
2. Students whose application materials are incomplete or those to fail to pay the application fee will not be considered. After submission, the application materials cannot be modified or added, in principle.
If an application contains false information, Ocean University of China has the right to withdraw admission, or cancel one's status as a student;
3. The name, date of birth, place of birth and other personal information filled in the application form must be consistent with information on passport information page;
4. Please provide the accurate number, email, and address (including zip code);
5. Please check the email you registered with in time. We will inform you the interview time, scholarship results, and other important information by email;
6. We may not be able to reply to every email and phone call about application status and admissions process. Thank you for your understanding and patience；
7.Application fees are not refundable.
Admission and notification
1.OUC is responsible for reviewing application documents, interviewing and decidingnominated candidates;
2.Nominated candidates will be funded by the Chinese Government Scholarships tostudy in China once approved by the China Scholarship Council;
3.Each scholarship recipient will be granted only one scholarship. For students whoare admitted by multiple universities, the CSC will only keep their scholarshipqualification for one university;
4.The CSC will send the List of Scholarship Recipients, Admission Letter and VisaApplication Form for Studying in China (JW201) to the university. OUC will sendtheadmission documents to scholarship recipients
5.Scholarship recipients shall not change their host universities, fields of study, or studying duration after being admitted.
6.Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before theregistration deadline.
Admissions Office of the School of International Education, Ocean Universityof
- Address: Office 712, Building 21, Laoshan Campus, Ocean University of China;
238 Songling Road, Qingdao, Shangdong,China, 266100
- Tel.:+86-532-85901666; +86-532-85901555
If you want to get more information about 2023 Ocean University of China Chinese Government Scholarship University Postgraduate Study Program, please contact us: Chinascholarship.net