2023 Application Information for International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship Qingdao University（Type A and Type B)
- Application Information for International Chinese Language Teachers (Confucius Institute) Scholarship (CIS, Type A)
- Qingdao University – Confucius Institute Scholarship( QU-CIS, Type B)
If the recommendation institution for Type B is Qingdao University, please fill in the Application Form for Recommendation Letter (see the attachment) and send it to the designated mailbox to apply for the recommendation letter.
Full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance (four-week study students are excluded) and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
All applicants shall be
2.In good Physical and mental condition, well performed both academically and behaviorally
3.Aspired to take future careers on the teaching or international promotion of Chinese language.
4. Between the ages of 18-35 on September 1st, 2023. Applicants currently worked as Chinese language teachers shall not exceed the age limit of 45, while undergraduate students shall not exceed the age limit of 25.
Ⅲ. SCHOLARSHIP TYPES AND QUALIFICATIONS
*MTCSOL: Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages
IV. Application Date
March 1, 2023-May 10, 2023
Deadline for commencing in March,2023 is November 10,2023.
V. Application Documents
A. For all applicants
- A scanned copy of passport photo page
- A scanned copy of score reports of the HSK and HSKK tests (within the two-year validity).
- A Recommendation letter by the head of the recommending institutions: Recommending institutions should be Confucius Institutes, independently operated Confucius Classrooms as well as some HSK test centers. Qingdao University could be the recommending institution for TYPE B.
B.For degree scholarship program applicants
- A certification of the highest education diploma (or proof of expected graduation) and an official transcript.
- Applicants of the Scholarship for MTCSOL Students are required to provide 2 reference letters from professors or associate professors. Those who can provide a notarized employment agreement with teaching institutions are preferred.
C. Applicants currently worked as Chinese language teachers shall provide the proof of employment as well as a reference letter by the employing institution.
D. Applicants under the age of 18 shall provide certified documents of designation signed by their entrusted legal guardians in China.
E. Applicants of Type A shall also provide additional documents required by the host institutions.
VI. APPLICATION PROCEDURES
1. Online registration will be available from March 1, 2023 on the Confucius Institute Scholarship website (cis.chinese.cn). Please log on to search recommending institutions and host institutions, upload application materials online, track the application progress, feedback of review and admission results.
2. After pr-accepted by Qingdao University, please log in the foreign student application system of Qingdao university: http://istudy.qdu.edu.cn/apply with in 3 work day. Then send your CIS NO. (CISxxxx) and QU NO(Jxxxxx). to: email@example.com.
3. Hanban will complete the scholarship review and notify the results 3 months before enrollment of the admitted students.
4. Scholarship holders need to confirm with Qingdao University to go through the procedures of studying in China, print out CIS certificate online, and register at QU at the designated date and time as per the letter of admission.
VII. CHINESE BRIDGE AWARD RECIPIENT POLICIES
- Currently employed Chinese language teachers: Currently employed Chinese language
teachers applying for the scholarships can be exempted from submitting Chinese Language
Proficiency Test (HSK) certificates if they can provide proof of employment and a letter of
recommendation from the institution where they work.
- Chinese Bridge Award Recipients: Applicants who have won the 2023 International Chinese
Language Teachers Scholarship Certificate in various Chinese Bridge competitions should submit
their application documents along with their scholarship certificates to relevant host institutions
on the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship website. For further inquiry, please
1. Applicants shall be familiar with the specific criteria and closing dates for registration, and follow specific procedures to submit necessary documents. Applicants should pay attention to their email box.
2. Degree students shall accept the annual assessment under the Annual Appraisal Procedures of Confucius Institute Scholarship
3. Those who failed to register on time, failed to pass the health assessment, dropped out midway and/or suspended will be deprived of scholarship.
4. Evaluation and Re-evaluation of Admission Qualifications: QU will evaluate and re-evaluate
students’ admission qualifications upon and after registration. If admission letters, personal
Or other documents are found to be inaccurate during the evaluations of if fraud,
malpractice, and other similar circumstances exist, the student will be disqualified and admission
will be cancelled.
International Students Office, Qingdao University
Attachment: Application Form for Recommendation Letter, QU
Information Letter for Duel-degree Program: