2023 Application Guide for Chinese Government Scholarship for High Level Post graduate Program of Shenyang Normal University
I. Profile of Shenyang Normal University
Shenyang Normal University was established in 1951, which is directly administered by the People’s Government of Liaoning Province. The university covers an area of 1.23 million square meters with a building area of 0.95 million square meters. The university has 20,272 full-time undergraduates, 3,670 graduate students and 1,100 short-term and long-term international students.
There are 26 schools and 19 university-affiliated departments, centers, research institutes and institutions at the university.
Adhering to the philosophy of open education and win-win cooperation, the university innovates mechanisms, improves quality and efficiency, and expands in-depth cooperation with world-class universities. At present, it has established friendly and cooperative relations with 166 universities and institutions in 33 countries and regions on five continents.
At present, the university has one institution of Chinese-foreign cooperation in running schools, one program of Chinese-foreign cooperation in running schools and four joint doctoral programs with universities from the United States, Japan and other countries and regions. There are three overseas Confucius Institutes in Lebanon, Jordan and Ukraine and one Online Chinese Classroom in Pakistan.
One international science and technology organization cooperation platform at ministerial level and one ministerial national and regional research center are performing their duties in the university.
The university is the receiving unit for the overseas students who have been granted Chinese Government Scholarship and International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship, the organizer of Foreign Aid Training of the Ministry of Commerce, the pre-job training unit of Chinese Language Teachers dispatched by the Center for Language Education and cooperation of the Ministry of Education,
the vice chairman unit of the Foreign Students Management Branch of the Chinese Association of Higher Education, the vice chairman unit of the Liaoning Education Association for International Exchange, the chairman unit of Liaoning Provincial Association for International Education,
Liaoning Provincial Demonstration University for International Students in China, vice chairman unit of Liaoning Provincial Confucius Institute Cooperative University Alliance, the receiving and sending unit of Foreign Affairs Exchange Personnel of Liaoning Provincial Government and Liaoning Provincial “Cross-Straits Undergraduates Exchange Base”.
II. Supporting Categories, Duration, Instruction Language and Majors
1. Supporting Category: This scholarship is only for candidates pursing Master’s degree.
2. Duration: 3 academic years
3. Instruction Language: Chinese
4. Majors: Visit “CSC Study in China” website at https://www.campuschina.org/, click “Universities & Programs”, clickLiaoningand choose Shenyang Normal University to search majors for Master’s degree.
III. Scholarship Coverage
This program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance within normal schooling. The living allowance for per student is 3000CNY per month.
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China and be in good health; being a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35;
2. The applicants should have the valid HSK4, HSK5 or HSK 6 certificate.
V. Application Procedure
1. Applicants should submit application materials to the College of International Education (CIE) of Shenyang Normal Universitywithin the specified time; CIE will issue the pre-admission materials to those who pass the preliminary review.
2. Complete the online application procedure at CGS System at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/. Click “CREATE AN ACCOUNT” to log in, fill in the application information and upload the original scanned copy of the corresponding supporting materials and submit them online; submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hardcopy. The Program Category is “Type B”, Agency Number is 10166（Required）
Please carefully read the instructions below before applying for the scholarship.
Step 1: Visit “CSC Study in China” website and click “Scholarship Application for Students” at http://www.campuschina.org
Register an account through [CREATE AN ACCOUNT] and log in with your account.
Step 2: Input Personal Details. Click “Edit Personal Details” and finish inputting personal details by filling in all the information, verifying and saving the information. After the completion of this section, return to the previous page by clicking “Finish” and start filling in your application information.
Step 3: Select the correct “Program Category”.
Please select Program Category “Type B”, click “New Application”, and start filling in the application information.
Step 4: Input the correct “Agency Number”
Your Agency Number is 10166
Program Category and Agency Number are directly matched; both are mandatory for online application. After inputting the agency number, the university’s name “Shenyang Normal University” will automatically show on the page. As Program Category and Agency Number are directly matched, Shenyang Normal University will not receive your online application if the program category or agency number is not correct.
Step 5: Input Application Information
Next, please move on to the section of “Language Proficiency and Study Plan” and upload “Supporting Documents” as requested, then click “Submit” to complete the application. Check each part of your application carefully before submission. Please make sure that all the information and uploaded documents are valid and accurate.
Step 6: Once submitted, amendments cannot be made on “Personal Details” and “Application Information”. Before the application is processed by the processing authorities, applicants can revoke the submitted application by clicking “Withdraw” and edit the application. After revoking the application, applicants must submit it again after re-editing, or the application will not be processed. Once the application is processed, the application cannot be revoked.
Step 7: Click “Print the Application Form” and download the form.
Step 8: Submit scholarship application.
Shenyang Normal University does not entrust any individual or intermediary agent to process Chinese Government Scholarship applications. All applicants should access relevant information on the official website at http://www.campuschina.org/ of the China Scholarship Council.
- Please use Firefox or Internet Explorer (11.0). For applicants using Internet Explorer, please close the “compatible view mode” function ahead of editing.
- Please fill in all application information in Chinese or English.
VI. Application Documents
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship（written in Chinese/English）;
2. Copy of Passport Home Page. If the validity of the applicant’s current passport does not meet the requirement (meaning the passport expires before September 2023), please apply for a new passport before submitting the application;
3. Notarized highest diploma;
Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. Academic transcripts（from the undergraduate program onwards）;
Transcripts shall be issued and sealed by the attending university’s academic affair office or students’ management department. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
5. Pre-admission materials (Issued by Shenyang Normal University to applicants who pass the preliminary review);
6. A Study Plan and Research Proposal;
A study plan and research proposal written in Chinese shall contain no less than 1500 words. It contains the understanding of China, the university, the major and the future professional plan, and needs to show a certain professional level and academic quality;
7. Two Recommendation Letters（written in Chinese or English）;
Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor with the telephone number and Email. These letters shall describe the applicant’s objectives of learning in China, and evaluate comprehensive abilities and future growth;
8. Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority. The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months;
9. The valid HSK 4, HSK 5 or HSK 6 certificate（HSK results are valid for only 2 years）;
10. Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application;
11. Passport photo page and one blank page;
12. Digital 2-inch photo.
Please send the application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 28, 2023, and be sure to fill in the information completely and accurately. Shenyang Normal University will issue pre-admission materials to approved applicants.
Contacts: Wang Tianqi