2021 Wuhan University of Technology for Chinese Goverment Scholarship - Bilateral Program
Table of Contents
About Wuhan University of Technology and Chinese Government Scholarship - Bilateral Program
Wuhan University of Technology
Wuhan University of Technology (WUT) is a public university in Wuhan, Hubei. The university is sponsored by the Ministry of Education.
The university is a Project 211 institute and a Double First Class University of the Double First Class University Plan.
WUT was merged on May 27th, 2000, from the former Wuhan University of Technology (established in 1948), Wuhan Transportation University (established in 1946) and Wuhan Automotive Polytechnic University (established in 1958).
Bilateral Program includes a full or partial scholarship established by MOE in accordance with educational exchange agreements or consensus between Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities or international organizations.
The Bilateral Program supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars. Please consult the dispatching authorities of your home country for the categories available.
Applicants should consult the dispatching authorities in the home countries for the programs available and for the specific deadline of each year, and apply to the dispatching authorities in due time.
Funding Category, Duration and Teaching Language
Chinese Language (preparatory)Study
up to 2
up to 2
up to 2
General scholar programs
up to 1
up to 1
Up to 2
Senior scholar programs
up to 1
up to 1
Up to 2
1. Undergraduate scholarship recipients must register for Chinese-taught credit courses. Graduate and non-degree scholarship students can register for either the Chinese-taught program or the English-taught program if applicable.
Some of the majors can be taught in English in Wuhan University of Technology. (Please check the information at http://admission.whut.edu.cn/)
2. The duration of scholarship is definite when accept by school, which included major study and Chinese study period. In principal, it cannot be extended.
Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
The Bilateral Program provides both full scholarships and partial scholarships. Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard for details of each item.
Procedure of Application
Step 1. Apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for the details and requirements of Bilateral Program and submit the application as required.
Step 2. Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information System, submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy.
You should consult the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for Instructions of CGS Information System and Agency Number.
Step 3. Complete the online application procedure at WUT admission System and send your WUT application number to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Soft copy of Pre-admission Letter would be provided by email in five working days.
Once you received the Pre-Admission Letter, please upload to CGS Information System, which is helpful for your gaining the scholarship of Bilateral Program.
Step 4. Submit all of your application documents to the dispatching authorities of your home country before the deadline.
Neither CSC nor WUT is entitled to accept the applications for Bilateral Program directly. Please DO NOT submit your application to CSC or WUT directly. Only applications of recommended candidates from dispatching authorities will be considered.
Candidates holding a Pre-Admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those without the Pre-Admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship（in Chinese or English.
2. Notarized highest diploma (photocopy): Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date.
Document in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English. (A minimum of 200 words for undergraduates, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for postgraduates.)
5. Two Recommendation letters: Applicants for graduate programs or senior scholar programs must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English signed by a professor or an associate professor.
6. Valid documents of your legal guardians in China(only required for applicants under the age of 18)
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy), (written in English, only required for applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months, can be downloaded at which can be downloaded at http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina）
The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid.
Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
8. The copy of Pre-Admission Letter from Wuhan University of Technology.
9. The copy of HSK Certificate (if available).
10. The copy of English level certificate, such as IELTS or TOEFL (only required for applicants for English-medium program). Usually applicants should have IELTS 5.5, TOEFL 80 and above if applicants apply for the English-medium program in Wuhan University of Technology.
For those who could not offer the above mentioned Standard English test results, additional oral or written English test organized by Wuhan University of Technology will be required to participate in. Native English-speaking applicants may be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate.
11. None Criminal Punishment Certificate.
Admissions Office, School of International Education, Wuhan University of Technology, No.205, Luoshi Road, Hongshan Dist., Wuhan, Hubei Province, China 430070
Post code: 430070
If you want to get more information, please contact us: chinascholarship.net